Sunday 14 July, Freshwater Bay to Mudeford - at last


This morning the weather forecasts for Freshwater Bay and Mudeford looked as if tomorrow morning Sunday14th July will have only light winds.   I’m therefore now back in Freshwater preparing to make a start around 7.15 to 7.30 tomorrow morning.

I will have to row against the last of the incoming tide for the first 4 miles, aiming to reach the Needles at around 9.30, which is the time of high water when the currents should be slack.  I will then continue rowing for another 1.5 miles to get round the southerly tip of the Shingles bank before turning north west, heading back to Christchurch.  Total distance is about 13 miles.
I should arrive back some time around 11.30 to 12.30 and will land on Avon Beach halfway between the two cafes.  I will have to row into the harbour later when the tide is in.

Photo of me leaving Avon Beach at the start.




If anyone is interested in following my progress on this passage, shortly before leaving Freshwater Bay I will post a link on this blog and on facebook, to the RYA/Coastguard tracker app Safetrx, after I have registered my passage on the app.  They then send an online tracking link so that my contacts can see my progress online, without using the app.
Safetrx records my GPS position every 5 minutes until I end the passage plan when I

arrive (unless I forget which I did once).

To see how it works, this is the link to my previous row to Freshwater Bay:


If anyone is walking the dog near Avon Beach tomorrow, I will be delighted to say hello when I land.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have completed the Rowing Challenge!!

Rowing at Sea