Reeth Bay to Freshwater Bay, about 13 miles. We returned to Reeth Bay at about 1pm to find only two other people there. I registered my passage plan with the C oastguard and fitted out the boat. No sun cover on the boat today as the weather was dull with drizzle, my first wet day, and virtually no wind. The forecast was for a south-easterly light breeze, force 2, increasing to force 3 later. I set off as the tide was turning in my favour, the sea being slightly disturbed as I rounded St Catherines Head and the lighthouse. The sea soon became fairly calm and I carried on about one mile offshore to clear the rocky Atherfield Ledge and other rocky areas. St Catherine's Point in the distance, about 8 miles away. However after about two hours the wind started to increase and it quite quickly became a full force 4. The waves also got bigger, rolling up behind me with white horses on their tops. The boat was rocking and rolling, I had to work the oars hard to stop ...
Comments
Post a Comment