Apologies - I've been unable to post whilst on the rowing challenge

My apologies to everyone who has not seen information on the progress of my rowing challenge.  I found that I could not access this blog on my ipad whilst I was on the trip, despite me spending many frustrating hours trying to make it work.

I'm now briefly back home, having almost completed the challenge.  I made it right round the Island to Freshwater Bay yesterday Monday 8th July, one day later than originally planned.  It has been an eventful journey, quite difficult at times, but satisfying for me and rewarding for the charity Children On The Edge, with sponsorship/donations now approaching £1,000 and hopefully more to come.

Unfortunately for the final leg, winds of force 3-4 were forecast at either Freshwater or Mudeford for several days at the times of the two daily tidal windows for rounding the Needles.  Rather than continuing to pay for accommodation on the Island for an uncertain period, it made more sense to come back home and I will return to finish the challenge hopefully in the next few days.

I also gives me the opportunity to update this blog with the details I have been posting daily on facebook. These will be up shortly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have completed the Rowing Challenge!!

Rowing at Sea