80 miles in 7 days of rowing. Now I've finished - what's next??



Having now finished a project that has increasingly dominated my life (and that of my long-suffering family), I have to return to paperwork/fixing/repairing and tidying-up the stuff around me.

First I would like to express my sincere thanks to my wife Joyce, daughter Vicky and the boys, my cousin June from Exmouth, also friends, neighbours and the wonderful Zumba and Aerobics girls. I don't think I could have completed the challenge without their practical help and support together with their encouraging comments.
I would also like to thank everyone for their sponsorship/donations to the charity Children On The Edge, which is now over £1,000. Further donations will be much appreciated and the online donations page will be open for a few more weeks.
I hope everyone has enjoyed reading my posts!
I said that I would post some more photos now find that I don't have many that are very different from those posted earlier, but here are some:

Setting off to get the boat out of the Harbour before the tide went out
Rowing out to Friars Cliff ready for an early start next morning


The start on July 2nd


Just through Hurst Narrows, looking back towards Hurst Castle and the Needles in the distance.

Rounding Ryde sands, these are a couple of the old Portsmouth offshore forts.

Culver Down Headland between Bembridge and Sandown



Steephill Cove, a few miles south of Ventnor.  A 'secret' hideaway with no road access, just a few houses, some beach huts, a coffee shop, restaurant and a small beach. There are a couple of holiday lets here including, I think, the old lighthouse on the right.



Reeth Bay, after arriving on a sunny day.



St Catherines lighthouse just after leaving Reeth Bay



The minute cross on top of the cliff is Tennyson's monument on Tennyson Down.



























The inflatable trophy cup.  The other side said 'Lands End to John O'Groats 2017'.  Only two sides so I can't do another challenge.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have completed the Rowing Challenge!!

Rowing at Sea