Start on Tuesday!  

The current four–week weather forecast indicates that the weather through July will probably be similar to June. Since I have been ready to go since mid-May, I have now decided to stop waiting for one full week of calm weather.

The current daily forecast shows Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday next week (2/3/4 July) as having reasonably light winds in the mornings, so I’m proposing to START EARLY ON TUESDAY MORNING, 2nd July.

If the winds stay light for these three days, I should get to the far side of the Island. If necessary I will then wait on the Island for a few days for better weather so that I can carry on and complete the challenge.

I will post more info before leaving and will also post daily updates of my progress.

Distance marks every 5 miles. Click on map to enlarge

The map shows my planned route round the Island from from Mudeford, stopping at Yarmouth, Wooton (Fishbourne), Sandown or Shanklin, Reeth Bay at St Catherines Point, Freshwater Bay, then back to Mudeford – six days total.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have completed the Rowing Challenge!!

Rowing at Sea